We are a large Australian privately owned company that markets and sells high quality capital equipment and medical device consumables.
Since 1992, Device Technologies has been dedicated to improving patients’ lives through leading edge technology and services, supplying hospitals and healthcare professionals with the finest medical solutions for their patients. Device Technologies continues to grow with HQ based in Sydney representing over 200 trusted brands, along with over 1000 highly skilled staff located across ANZ and South East Asia.
Our high-performance culture focuses on empowerment, goal attainment, productivity, continuous improvement, developing leadership capability and a superior workforce.
This exciting new role will provide design leadership for a talented digital design and brand experience team. The Design Team Lead will be pivotal in helping to establish and own the future direction of design Device Technologies. You will work closely with key members of the Marketing and Digital Leadership Team to identify, define, prioritise and drive plans that will advance design strategy, brand experience and bring efficiency and effectiveness in design processes. Lead a team of passionate designers and help them continue to unlock their potential to do their best work.
You are a talented, enthusiastic, and professional individual with excellent communication and stakeholder skills, strong attention to detail and the ability to work both autonomously as well as be a part of a team.
You will have a demonstratable passion for design excellence, with leadership skills to drive continual improvement.
You will come with knowledge of design operations and be excited to initiate and put forward innovative ideas that will inspire your peers and create value driving experiences for customers.
With a passion for growing and leading others, you will work collaboratively to remove roadblocks and create good synergies in a cross functional environment for designers.
- Lead and mentor team of digital designers
- Lead the design consistency across all Device Technologies internal-facing and external marketing/communications collateral
- Manage the allocation of work throughout the design team ensuring all team members have a healthy workload to operate at an optimal pace.
- Purposefully streamline our processes and workflows to innovate and deliver design capability for the needs of our customers
- Measure, implement and drive changes to ensure the design team is working at optimum efficiency, enabling effective planning, tracking and managing capacity
- Provide manager with visibility and updates of current initiatives, resource use and team performance
- Balance competing demands, ensuring project timelines are met while improving the quality and impact of design outputs without compromising customer value delivery
- Identify and implement suitable tools that support the design team
- 5+ years of experience working as a design lead, either in-house or at design agency
- Positive, flexible, self motivated attitude with a willingness to learn and adapt on the fly
- Strong cross-channel design experience for online marketing
- Advanced Adobe Creative Suite and Microsoft Office
- Experience managing the operations for a mid to large size design team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage timelines with stakeholders to ensure we meet or exceed expectations
- Outcomes-driven and demonstrate how your work has helped lead teams to reaching those goals that impact the customer
- Exposure to APAC Medical Technology industry
- Understanding of agile processes and methodologies
- Basic understanding of SEO principles
- Experience managing or mentoring designers
To apply, please attach your resume (in confidence) and a covering letter outlining why you are the person for this role.
At Device Technologies, we are motivated by the opportunity our equipment provides to change people’s lives. We have a clear vision to ensure all our people feel valued and respected, can be themselves, and can flourish as contributors to the success of our business.
Our promise is all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, disability, age, and all the other wonderful characteristics that make us different.
Please note: Device Technologies will undertake pre-employment checks via Sterling RISQ for the successful candidate to ensure that Device Technologies is meeting legislative obligations and the information a candidate provides is accurate. For all roles, an offer of employment will be subject to the following pre-employment checks: identity check, reference checks, right to work in location (checks for visa holders), police integrity. By proceeding and applying for the role, you acknowledge our hiring process and agree to undertake the required pre-employment checks if successful.
Read about Life at Device on our careers webpage - Device Technologies AU
Read our article on How To Prepare For An Interview With Device Technologies | LinkedIn